The straight goods - we’re looking for an incredible talented and energetic individual to join our dynamic team. You must strive for excellence, work hard and love to be around our fun and crazy team and present a fun and caring demeanor. If you’re at a job right now ask yourself, do I enjoy this? Is it just a pay check? Would you rather join a team where you’re having fun, being part of a company culture, learning lots and advancing the entire team. Give us a call to see if were the right fit, if not at least you’ll know what’s out there. Matrix Group is a client-focused company located in Richmond. We provide technology services to companies with 20-100 users; we are what is known as a Managed Services Provider (MSP). We handle all aspects of a client's technology needs. We are their support department and their consultant on all things technology related and we do this for a flat monthly fee.
Our philosophy is to supply and configure networks to the best-practice standards, provide excellent support and to always keep our clients best interests foremost. We operate with excellence and have ourselves and everyone we touch be successful. Our goal is to create success for our customers by demonstrating integrity, honesty, reliability, and providing peace of mind through our unique technology support solutions; this is our culture at Matrix Connectivity Solutions. Our team provides objective, honest insights into how businesses can improve efficiency in all IT-related areas and work with both our clients and partners to create an IT-support model that works for individual businesses.
Matrix Group is a client-focused company located in Richmond. We provide technology services to companies with 20-200 users; we are what is known as a Managed Services Provider (MSP). We handle all aspects of a client's technology needs. We are their support department and their consultant on all things technology related and we do this for a flat monthly fee.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced, detail oriented, organized, energetic, highly technically skilled individual with excellent people skills. We believe that communication is very important. You will need to be a person who takes pride in resolving challenging technical issues for a variety of clients. The work varies and is highly challenging; your day will fly by! You will need to have the ability to quickly familiarize yourself with client environments, research and learn new technologies quickly and work on multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position is full time and may require the odd overtime. You may also be required to be on call rotation. You will be expected to provide an exceptional client service experience for a wide variety of businesses.
• Troubleshoot and support Microsoft Windows SBS, 2003 -2012 Server for multiple clients
• Troubleshoot and support other software packages such as Antivirus and Backup, Terminal Server, etc. for multiple clients: Arc serve, D2D, Shadow Protect, incremental and full backups
• Troubleshoot and improve infrastructure issues/processes such as network connectivity, printing, internet, etc.
• Maintain accurate and timely reporting of:
(1) system status enabling you to propose relevant improvements to each client environment and to support our corporate mission of proactive client support
(2) time logs and details of client support visits and remote support occurrences
• Produce accurate and informative technical materials and documentation for the team and our clients
• Learn new products and technologies
• Work well under pressure and manage expectations effectively
Your ideas and input in the company will be encouraged and appreciated.
DESIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• You must work effectively both individually and as part of a team with great interpersonal skills
• Have already worked for an IT VAR or Managed Services company for 3+ years
•Excellent oral and written communication skills
•Excellent documentation skills
•Must effectively communicate with customers and our team
•Ability to anlayze and repair product failure
•Ability to multitask while still having a calm demeanor
•Quick problem solver and ability to close tickets quickly and effectively
•Patch management for workstations/server/antivirus management
•Solid knowledge of backup and recovery
• Experience with an emphasis, but not limited to, Microsoft technologies
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting network connectivity, including inspection of routers and firewalls
• The ability to research and apply knowledge effectively
• Strong English language (oral and written) along with good organization skills
• Have a valid BC Driver’s license and a car for occasion al use. (Mileage and parking is reimbursed)
•Desired A+ Certification
ADDITIONAL SKILLS THAT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL:
• Previous experience working with third party IT vendors – hardware, software, telephony, etc.
• Current Microsoft or Cisco certifications
• MS Server 2008-2012
• MS SBS 2003-SBS 2011
• Scripting, Group Policy, Terminal Server experience
• BES, Exchange, SBS, SQL, SharePoint, SonicWALL
• ESXi, Hyper V, Virtualization Technologies, VMware
• SAN/ NAS
•Monitoring software and ticket management system knowledge
•Cisco Voip experience would be an asset
• IT Certifications are a bonus but real world experience is essential
•Experience with various Microsoft Application Servers including Hyper-V, Exchange 20XX and Windows 20XX or SBS 2011 (Must be able to install from scratch, maintain and perform troubleshooting of these servers)
•Migrations of Windows 2003 to 2008-12 networks for both full and SBS
•Configured RAID arrays, Firewalls, managed switches etc.
•Mac OS X experience desired
All work is good work so you shouldn't mind dealing with any level of problem.
Providing technology support and expertise is one thing, but caring about the people who rely on those systems is another. Creating success and peace of mind for business leaders is our goal, and we take it very seriously. We put our clients' IT needs first and get them the technology efficiency results that they need to give them peace of mind so that they can focus on making their businesses successful.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter along with an expected salary range. Due to the flood of resumes we get, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We operate with excellence and have ourselves and everyone we touch be successful